Are you seeking higher engagement, motivation and greater results from your teams and collaborative efforts? Are you unsure about how to engage your teams and stakeholders virtually? Whether you are a new or seasoned leader, you will learn to lead creative and engaging meetings online to inspire staff and more effectively meet your organization’s mission.
In this online course, you will learn proven facilitation methods for achieving group participation both in virtual and face-to-face meetings. You will learn how to:
- Skillfully lead an exchange of ideas and make critical decisions together
- Design and facilitate focused conversations virtually and in person
- Develop shared agreement while honoring all ideas
- Build specific group plans and strategies that result in committed action
- Apply participatory methods in your world with practice opportunities and coaching
- Engage and inspire team members and staff in creating practical and creative solutions
- Participate in an online learning process demonstrating a variety of virtual facilitation platforms
- Build confidence in leading team projects and facilitating respectful conversations
- Save time and increase productivity using effective virtual collaboration tools
- Discover how to achieve consensus in a day or less while involving everyone
- Receive resources and templates to ensure your future success
This modularized course over three weeks includes pre-reading assignments and practice between sessions applying methods learned. Participants will receive two popular resource books and a comprehensive course manual.
Course Length: 9 modules. Each module is two and one-half hours in length. The course is designed to span three weeks – focusing on one method per week. Week 1: Focused Conversation, Week 2: Consensus Workshop, Week 3: Action Planning. Typical meeting days are Monday, Tuesday and Friday.
Format for each methods instruction:
- Session 1: Understand the method. Prereading, method demonstration, theory discussion. Consider opportunities to apply method to work on in real life
- Session 2: Design the Process. Using selected applications, learn design and facilitation processes in preparation for personal practice before next session. Receive feedback on design.
- Session 3: Reflect on Process Facilitation. Reflect on your experience of facilitating your design, consider alternatives, learnings, areas to build upon and further applications that resonate in your world.
|Corporate and Large Non-Profit Organizations
|State & Local Government Agencies